So what will you plug your toaster, tv,fridge, and usb chargers into? I
think the NEC requires one plug every 6 feet or one per wall.  I could be
way of on that.
Besides, how many people do you think want to write a script to turn a
light on?
But, sounds like a good kick stater campaign. I can see the advantages but
poe switches are a lot more expensive than electricians.
If you can't sell it at home depot it will be very much a niche thing.