I have a couple in the field. Would be freakin awesome if they could get some kind of spanning-tree in hardware switching mode.

I've tried fast-path bridging on a couple and it's almost like real hardware switching, but if you're doing any kind of bridge filtering, it's craptastic. 'use ip firewall' kills fast-path also.

Then.. the LCD on the CRS. Turn it off. It literally sits there and eats up 10% CPU with it on.

On 5/2/2016 12:02 PM, Sterling Jacobson wrote:
I think it uses fastpath on bridges in CRS, but I'm not 100 percent on that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 10:29 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik CRS - prevent loop

Is there any hardware acceleration at all if you use bridges?  My needs are
actually pretty simple with this switch, but I do need it to move a few hundred
megs.

If bridging turns out to not be fast enough, and RSTP isn't available as a
switch, then do I have any fallback option?  Port isloation?  VLAN's?
I feel like a simple job just became a hard one.