In retrospect, these are stupid questions.

I wanted the Generac anyway to use for a standby generator at one site, but at a different site I have a temporary need to run on generator for about a month while I wait for the power company to hook up our new service...there's only about a 200 Watt load. Given the fuel cost of running the Generac continuously for a month, it will be cheaper to buy a separate portable generator.

nevermind.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Adam Moffett" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: 6/3/2016 9:20:07 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] Generator runtime on very light loads

Generac tech support could not answer this question for me:

What will my fuel consumption be a 1% load. I am looking at a 16kw Generac Guardian. Which has a 992cc engine and the spec sheet says will be consuming 1.99gal/hour of propane at 50% load. I'll be at 1% load and want to know how much fuel I would consume per hour.

Or maybe a different question: What's the minimum amount of fuel it takes to keep a 992cc engine running at 3600RPM?

Reply via email to