Hmmm...good point.  I know a guy I can ask.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 6/3/2016 10:00:35 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Generator runtime on very light loads

Good question. Not much. I had lots of units that would start and run 15 minutes each week. There was almost zero fuel cost each year unless there had been some power outages. I think you would have to find someone willing to run their unit and measure the fuel consumption to get a good figure. It is probably somewhat dependent on outside air temp and altitude.

From:Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 7:20 AM
To:[email protected]
Subject: [AFMUG] Generator runtime on very light loads

Generac tech support could not answer this question for me:

What will my fuel consumption be a 1% load. I am looking at a 16kw Generac Guardian. Which has a 992cc engine and the spec sheet says will be consuming 1.99gal/hour of propane at 50% load. I'll be at 1% load and want to know how much fuel I would consume per hour.

Or maybe a different question: What's the minimum amount of fuel it takes to keep a 992cc engine running at 3600RPM?

Reply via email to