Thank you!  Any idea on Cost?

On 8/30/2016 12:41 PM, Carl Peterson wrote:
http://www.opticalzonu.com/jseries/swm-fiber-link/

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    No idea why that would not work as long as you have the proper
    bandwidth.
    However I think there may be some two way LNB switching on the coax.

    -----Original Message----- From: Ken Hohhof
    Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:42 AM
    To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Extending Dishtv over Fiber (Private
    property)

    I have no experience with this, but couldn't you use a signal
    amplifier out
    by the dish, powered over the coax?
    http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite-signal-amplifier-th.asp
    <http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite-signal-amplifier-th.asp>

    Or is the issue that you don't want to extend the coax?

    -----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
    Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:21 AM
    To: Animal Farm
    Subject: [AFMUG] OT: Extending Dishtv over Fiber (Private property)

    I've run into a situation where I need to install a TV dish about 700'
    away from where the TV will go because of heavy tree coverage.
    There is
    power and indoor space at the dish location, and there is already
    fiber
    run back to the house with multiple spare strands. 'People' I've
    talked
    to, say this is too far for a coax run. Searching online, it looks
    like
    there are some fiber options.   Dish network branded or a company
    called
    'Dawnco', but the equipment is about the same price in the $6000+
    range
    for a 4lnb setup.  Anyone come across a cheaper way to do it?  80 year
    old-Non-technical users, so need to maintain the DISH STB, no fancy
    streaming solutions.  The dish today is about 250' away from the house
    on coax, and it will drop out in the slightest rain because of the
    signal loss over the coax.

--

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*