Sometimes sh*t happens.
The Level3 we have for one of our ASNs was flaking out regularly from a
faulty linecard in MSP a few months back.
Last summer the HE we have on the other ASN was going down for 6-12 hours
at a time multiple times per week for a month because their POP transport
was a single unprotected wave going along a highway that was being moved.

We still use all of them.