Even Bush 2 is smarter than T.  Don't get me wrong, smarts doesn't mean a
great presidency.. Nixon and Carter... One a liar, another too nice at
wrong time

On Sep 21, 2016 7:32 PM, "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:

Michael Hayden was on the Roe Conn radio show here about a week ago, and
said the same … give the guy credit for owning the flub.

*From:* Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Forrest Christian
(List Account)
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:35 PM
*To:* af <af@afmug.com>

*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT... My buddy the joker

So, Johnson didn't know the place name where the conflict is occurring in
Syria.  Big deal.  The question was asked with no context.  Instead of
asking 'what should we do about syria?" or even providing a bit of context
for what was being discussed, the interviewer just came out of the blue
with "what do you think we should do about Aleppo?".   I am willing to
forgive him not knowing the place name where this is occuring, and the way
he handled this flub was head and shoulders above what either of the other
candidates would have done:  He owned his screw up and apologized for it.
Tell me that either of the other candidates would have done that instead of
dismissing it.

The unfortunate outcome of this flub is that no one listened to his
position on what to do about Syria, which I think is more reasoned than
either of the other candidates.  Instead everyone makes a big deal about
him not knowing a single placename.   Yes, an important placename in the
context of the Syrian mess, but just because he doesn't know the name of
the city where this is occurring, doesn't mean he doesn't understand the
underlying issues.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Jaime Solorza <losguyswirel...@gmail.com>