The fuse is a glass fuse.  It comes with a 7 amp fuse installed but you can
change to whatever you want.

From: Craig Schmaderer
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:10 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Question for Chuck 800-DCSS-APC

I planning for upgrading a tower with DC power for the upcoming Medusa and some
of my Baicell LTE radios.  100 watts per radio should be a good link budget.
Looking at 16awg, 330ft runs, so thinking about 56v power supply at 2 amps.
Will this be a good surge protector?  Obviously it will work great for
lightning, but my questions are.  At 7amp clamping is that ok or too high if we
get a short on the cable?  Can I just install these at the base of the tower, I
really don’t want to install them at the top too?    I am looking at using
shielded pairs with a drain wire,  you agree?   Would I want a fuse block with
a 2 to 3 amp fuse in case of shorts.  I am pretty sure I want to run a superior
essex cable that has 4 pairs in one jacket, each pair shielded with a drain
wire, than all pairs shielded again with a drain wire.

I know this is a lot of questions, but you never seem to let me down.
Thanks, Craig.

Craig R. Schmaderer

CEO | Skywave Wireless, Inc.

Ph: 402-372-1975 | Fax: 402-372-1058