There's also a lot of PR bullshit that gets repeated by the technology
media and in explanations to non technical customers, such as showing
somebody a multimode OM4 cable used for intra-building 100GbE with MPO/MTP

100GBase-SR4 optics are cheap (relatively) but require running a MPO/MTP
OM4 cable from router-to-router or router-to-agg-switch.