Well, don’t presume it is “crap” copper.  Most telcos take pretty good care of
their copper, most non RBOC telcos that is.
In any event if  the loops are short, like 2000 feet or less, 50 Mbps is
doable.  More with V.FAST.

From: Tyson Burris
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:38 PM
To: memb...@wispa.org
Cc: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] CAF FUNDING & DSL SPEEDS

Was just pondering the question...
Not sure I know the answer... so perhaps one of you do.

With all the CAF funding in play.  What is the highest any rural dsl customer
can get if these providers are only upgrading the fiber and dslams?  Meaning...
it's still crap copper to the house.  What can they actually push to the home
without running fiber to it directly?

Tyson Burris, President
Internet Communications Inc.
739 Commerce Dr.
Franklin, IN 46131

317-738-0320 Daytime #
317-412-1540 Cell/Direct #
Online: www.surfici.net

Forgive the brevity, the typos and my fat fingers!