Yeah, that controller is awesome. I attempted to use one, but it was way, way overkill for what I was trying to do. So I traded it to Gino. I remember Forrest did say that he'd have something newer and cheaper to build coming later.

In theory, you could use a base unit and the 6ch voltmeter module. Use the relay on the base for your two-wire remote start contact. I would use a couple 120VAC (or 240 if that's what the genset is) to 12 or 24VDC linear power supplies. Linear because it allows you to see variable voltage. This would obviously require you to do all of the sequencing remotely via SNMP.

Does the generator you have not have any controller built in? What exactly are you working with?