From: Eric Kuhnke
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 7:11 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] generator fuel

Looking at it another way, I have calculated previously that the cost per kWh
for 24x7 power from a diesel generator is in the range of $0.35 to $0.49 per
kWh. That's including the purchase cost of the generator, maintenance, expected
lifespan, cost of fuel, etc.

If you want to see prime power examples of diesel used for islanded grid power,
each town in Nunavut has its own set of diesel generators and tanks. There is
no long distance transmission setup or inter-city grid.

http://www.qec.nu.ca/home/