It seems like more and more around here the Grain legs are owned by someone who dosen't live there anymore. The farmer has found that living in a condo and having someone else cut the grass and shovel the snow is much easier, they just rent out the house. Sometimes it's held in a Trust, and everything is handled by a lawyer. The Renters at the locations we've encountered are very shaky about giving out the owners contact information, because the farmer might kick them out of the house.

Find the oldest farmer in the area that you know. They probably know who owns everything. If you can find a farmer (or their significant other) that is also a realtor, that's even better.

On 1/12/2017 1:46 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
I would hazard to guess that almost all the 1%ers are over 50...
*From:* Josh Reynolds
*Sent:* Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:43 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] site acquisition initial contact
I don't know anyone under 50 that's a member of any of the clubs you just listed.
On Jan 12, 2017 1:39 PM, "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

    More work.  Need a personal introduction for best effect so that
    takes lotsa homework. Lions, Optimist, Rotary, Elks, Eagles,
    Churches etc etc.  Everything insurance and real estate agents do
    to networking will be needed to get to the personal introduction.