If your idea of a perfect mate is you with a wig, there might be something wrong with you. I guess Pina Coladas and long walks in the rain might be a tipoff also. I suppose some people like pina coladas, but who likes long walks in the rain?
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris Wright Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:35 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Pina Colada and long walks in the rain If eHarmony’s algorithm was supposed to match people that were most alike, it would have been called eMelody. Chris Wright Network Administrator From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:04 PM To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Pina Colada and long walks in the rain They all looked pretty legit. Hey, worked out OK for Napoleon Dynamite’s brother. From: Ken Hohhof Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:46 PM To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Pina Colada and long walks in the rain But are they chatbots like on Ashley Madison? (My son refuses to believe his “Internet girlfriend” is probably a 300 lb tranny in Thailand who will eventually want him to wire money for an airline ticket. Hah! Like he has any money.) From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:00 PM To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Pina Colada and long walks in the rain Yeah, I can see that. But most of the preferences were the same between us. I was just trying to game it to produce a match. I am very surprised at the quantity of matches we did get. Holy cow there are a lot of fairly local, similar age folks lookin’ for love out there. From: Travis Johnson Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:55 AM To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Pina Colada and long walks in the rain Compatibility between people doesn't necessarily mean same preferences. Usually people with different characteristics are actually better matched. Travis On 1/26/2017 11:42 AM, Chuck McCown wrote: For fun, my wife and I both got a free eHarmony account. Worked hard to have the exact same preferences. Only differences is our ages. One week later and we still have not been matched to each other. I wonder if the algorithm somehow knows we are related. I don’t think it asked for addresses. Not even sure it asked for a last name. In any event I guess this must mean that we are not compatible...
