I've got a couple of trade shows coming up and one of the things which gets
pushed pretty hard to exhibitors is advertising of various types.

One of the recurring types of advertising that I'm skeptical about is the
random ad in either the show guide or some sort of daily newspaper type
publication covering the show.  Personally I rarely look at a show guide
except perhaps for a schedule/agenda.  The daily show newspaper
publications are even less likely to get my attention.

So I'm curious if it's just me who ignores these or if it's everyone.   If
it's everyone then I'm not going to get suckered in again.   If it's not,
 and these do get read,  maybe I should reconsider my position on the value
of these ads.

Thoughts?