You don’t need two power supplies.  Just pick the  power supply that has enough
current to both power the radios and supply a healthy recharge current right
after a power outage to the radios.
From: Darin Steffl
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 11:11 AM
To: memb...@wispa.org ; af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] DC Power Site

Hello all,

We're looking to build our first DC power site for small MicroPops and I see
two options after reviewing the WISPA archives.

The first option would be the the SDR-240-24 and DR-UPS40 with Two 12v
batteries powering a Netonix DC switch.

The second option we were looking at is just doing the AD-155A with one 12v
battery but I see the charging current is only 0.5 amps and voltage is only
13.3V which is not an optimal float voltage.

My question is, to keep cost down, would we be OK going the AD-155A route with
the slightly lower float voltage with a 35ah battery? We're ok with the battery
taking longer to charge but I'm just most worried if the 13.3V will wreck the
battery or not.

Thanks all

--

Darin Steffl