Exactly my point.. all the colorful painted markers on street, easement and
dirt indicate what utilities are under the surface .    Side note...My ex
WISP partner had a knack of hitting pipes or lines every time he used
backhoe...

On Apr 5, 2017 8:27 AM, "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]> wrote:

Prior to bidding, all of the contractors I work with ride the whole route
looking at the types of soils etc.  Sometimes they even pothole to make
sure what is under the surface.  All underground utilities are located
during design time and then located again prior to construction.  This is
not difficult to do right.

*From:* Jaime Solorza
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:44 PM
*To:* Animal Farm
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] West EP homeowners fed up with AT&T fiber optic
project- KVIA

Wow...Just shared it to point out how difficult it can be lay fiber when
unexpected or unplanned obstacles pop up..... Imagine going to erect a
tower base five feet deep and a few inches or feet you hit a
water/gas/sewer/etc...If you or someone didn't check it out before it could
be a project stopper...I don't know if  contractors or AT&T hired a survey
company to analyze conditions.  I wonder what some of the FTTH guys on this
list do before they start building out .....From experience, when we build
out SCADA projects, we get drawings and studies done way before we start by
engineering firms.   We attend meetings where all these items are
discussed.  I imagine you guys do your homework ...It just makes business
sense.

On Apr 4, 2017 8:18 PM, "George Skorup" <[email protected]> wrote:

Give me the fastest internet possible for my Netflix and porn. Oh, and I
want it for $3.95/mo. Wait, why are you digging up my yard? I don't want
cable, I just want internet! Get outta here! OK, now I'm only getting
921Mbps. I'm paying for 1.0Gbps! Fix it now!!!

Over-privileged first-world fucks.


On 4/4/2017 8:32 PM, Jaime Solorza wrote:

> Ah?  Did you not see the mountains? My son lives really close to this area.
>
>
> http://www.kvia.com/news/el-paso/west-ep-homeowners-fed-up-w
> ith-att-fiber-optic-project/433306313
>

Reply via email to