who is they

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Mathew Howard <[email protected]>
wrote:

> The website does not handle FCC stuff... you still have to go through a
> coordinator, same as any other 11ghz link.
>
> They work, and they get a ton of throughput for cheap, but don't expect
> them to work like a SAF. Between the two, I think I actually prefer the
> AF11... they can't quite match the speed of the B11, but they behave more
> like a normal licensed radio than the B11... they just lack an SFP port and
> 80mhz channels.
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Steve Jones <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> we are looking to drop some dough on these guys if the sales pitch is true
>>
>> does the website handle the FCC stuff? I personally find that hard to
>> believe, considering the FCC itself has a fee, unless the reseller
>> (unnamed) is building it into the price. Still less than SAF
>> Im not looking to move away from SAF, my only complaint with SAF is that
>> it works too well, so much that I altered routing the other day before I
>> realized the winds a while back turned the 800 plus pound ballast NPM and
>> the signal drop wasnt weather fade and that up until essentially nothing
>> the beast runs at full modulation
>>
>> Literally, the only reason for looking at mimosa is the low cost, and
>> comparing the low cost of mimosa to SAF, its alot, considering SAF is
>> relatively cheap.
>>
>> from what Ive seen, mimosa is like running mikrotik routers, you pay a
>> shit ton less in exchange for a little more poking, not constant diddling,
>> just occasional poking.
>>
>> I have no interest in looking at ubnt noisy crickets on our licensed
>> gear, but mimosa seems promising
>>
>> I need a good teeth kick now before we commit to at least 3 links locked
>> into this gear
>>
>> SAF presales engineering is on the cautious side, a good example is our
>> first licensed link, our partner told us could be done with cambium at 2
>> foot antennas on each side
>>
>> the reseller told use with SAF it required a 3 and a 4, and that (without
>> saying it) our partner was smoking crack cocain after they took bath salts.
>> I have no doubt at 2 foot the link would have come up, but not to a degree
>> that a 30 db drop caused by a turned NPM would still result in full
>> modulation until failure,
>>
>> I dont want to have an "It will link" solution at the end of the day
>>
>>
>>
>

Reply via email to