I am hoping that a ton of 60 GHz amps are being developed for this so I can make my own homebrew "active denial" system.

Hide the transmitter and antenna under my coat. Go up to someone that is giving me grief and raise my hands: " I command you in the name of (insert favorite deity or demigod here) to depart or I will set ye on FIRE!" And then hit them with the signal.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 2:20 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 60Ghz PtMP, Why Doesn't Everyone Have It?

The top reasons that come to mind right away are:

(1) Range. How close can you tolerate? It's not going to go very far in
a PMP environment. Maybe a few hundred yards. If there are trees, forget
about it.

(2) Modulation. Don't expect something in that frequency to be doing
higher level modulations. Because you can run ginormous channels, maybe
not a big deal, but I wouldn't count on it.

(3) Costs. Getting things to run at that frequency would probably
require higher end components.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>