Rory

Won't that be well over legal limits?

Mitch

On 05/15/2017 08:23 AM, Rory Conaway wrote:

I’ve got to punch through a mile of trees with AF2x radio so I’m probably going to for the 6’ or 8’ dishes.

Rory

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Colin Stanners
*Sent:* Sunday, May 14, 2017 7:05 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Does anyone have a 28-34dBi 2.4GHz 2x2 MIMO antenna

Gain is never an exact number as it always varies over the covered frequency range and polarization, but from what I understand Ubiquiti overstates their gain by 2-3 db over the 'industry standard' measurements. Similar to how they say the AF24 can go up to 10miles, which is effectively bs, the max 99.99% availability reliable range is 3-4 miles almost anywhere on earth that a substantial number of those radios coild be installed.