From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:21 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] flapping ethernet port ospf workaround

So ive been dealing with the SAFs and the mikrotiks being uppity with one
another.

SAF has a gigabit port, but it only offers the option to lock it to 100, not
gigabit.

so I have the mikrotiks set, just not the otherside, the port still flaps on
both radios

what was happening is everytime it flaps, the interface dropped in ospf and
went neighbor down, rerouting traffic then coming back up

what I did was made a bridge, added that port to it, and put the ospf ip on the
bridge itself, this allows the port to flap without the ospf interface going
down until we work throught the issue with SAF

I'm wondering if this is causing some other harm having it on the bridge,
rather than the physical port