Right, if it's thermal ducting it's more to do with the weather than the crop.

Thinking back now, the thing Ken Hohof was always on about was reflections from the corn. He would get a gradual drop in signal as the corn grew to a certain height....it would last for days, not hours.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mike Hammett" <af...@ics-il.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 8/28/2017 10:40:54 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 5Ghz thermal fade w/ Corn

It happens to me shooting over a city with very little corn at all.

It'll happen anywhere there may be a lack of wind and different layers of air density.

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL> <https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions> <https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange> <https://twitter.com/mdwestix>