Just a sudo on-topic / off topic question.  Just curious who all climbs?  And a
little reader survey...

I have a DBI SALA Strata harness, and a Petzl Volt, both have their place, but
wondering what the industry likes and why?  My guys will be due for new ones
soon, as they use the NEX right now.

I personally have a positioning lanyard, tons of rigging gear, straps,
carabiners, etc.  Found some cool zip up bags from Menards that make a nice
pouch.

Also, what else do you provide for your guys?  We provide all PPE, so Petzl
Vertex Vent helmet, fall arrest lanyard, positioning carabiners, webbing straps
for lifting, etc.  then obvious work attire.

What are your favorite pieces of climbing gear that I missed?  Maybe there’s a
trick of the trade I’m missing?  Wanted to open a dialogue on the subject to
maybe share climber related tips and tricks, and buying guides for other
climbers and ourselves.

For example, we learned to use a Prusik knot to help hold pipes while we slide
them up or down on our towers.

Also, just bought my guys all new boots, went with Carolina CA3526, Steel Toe,
Steel Shank, Waterproof, EH rated, Oil and Slip resistant, great boot.  Tried
sourcing through dist. but need more demand before supply, wondering if any of
you folks out there do a boot program and would benefit from a large qty. order
discount?  Maybe if enough people want them I can convince someone to carry
them.

Thank you,
Ben Royer, Operations Manager
Royell Communications, Inc.