In theory....
So far they don’t have a good track record.  

I think it is due to electrons and water molecules not need individual routing. 
 

From: Adam Moffett 
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 11:37 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Muni Network

Most water systems are municipal.  A handful of electric companies are 
municipal.  In principal there's no reason a municipal internet service 
couldn't succeed.

I think municipal broadband hasn't often worked out because people involved 
underestimate how difficult and/or expensive it's going to be.  We could think 
up plenty of sarcastic ways to say this, but I think that's the root of the 
problem.



------ Original Message ------
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 11/7/2017 1:01:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Muni Network

  Yea sure why not throw some FREE money at some non-profit network that will 
Cost NOTHING to work.



  On 11/07/2017 11:20 AM, Lewis Bergman wrote:

    Not intentionally. I just copied and pasted the blurb from the vendor in 
the email. The RFP seems real. Ill conceived, intended, and with poor hindsight 
to other results perhaps but real all the same. I am not sure what else to 
expect from the communist state of California though.

    On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM <[email protected]> wrote:

      fake news?

      From: Lewis Bergman 
      Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:59 AM
      To: [email protected] 
      Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Muni Network

      Yea, I just posted what some vendor spammed me with. I noticed the RFP 
said CA.

      On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:53 AM Mike Hammett <[email protected]> wrote:

        California, not Virginia.




        -----
        Mike Hammett
        Intelligent Computing Solutions

        Midwest Internet Exchange

        The Brothers WISP






------------------------------------------------------------------------

        From: "Lewis Bergman" <[email protected]>
        To: "Animal Farm" <[email protected]>
        Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 10:47:24 AM
        Subject: [AFMUG] Muni Network



        RFP- Richmond, Virginia Broadband Accessibility Project The Richmond 
Information Technology Department will acquire a community Broadband Network. 
The purpose of the project is to create a high-speed fiber and wireless mesh 
network that will provide no-cost broadband to all 8,400 households, 817 
businesses...


        Yea! More Muni netowrks!


  -- 

Reply via email to