This is kinda moot to me since ePMP can't do ICC like Canopy. So we have
to pre-config ePMP SMs anyway (so that our WPA key matches for
registration), so we might as well set the cnMaestro URL while we're at
it. Maybe it's useful in case you want to change the URL or something I
guess.
The 450 gives us true out of box deployment. The AP now sends down the
DNS servers and cnMaestro URL as of R15.1. That coupled with
authentication bypass for ICC makes things fairly easy.
On 11/7/2017 3:22 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:
It's in the User Guide. You can use option 43, or if you set a domain
via option 15 (the "Domain" field in Mikrotik DHCP) then it tries
"cnmaestro.domain"
My problem turned out to be that if you've already set a URL for
CnMaestro then it won't use the DHCP provided option. But in theory,
if we're plugging in one at default settings it should get the URL
from DHCP.
------ Original Message ------
From: "Josh Luthman" <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: 11/7/2017 4:18:41 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ePMP CnMaestro URL via Option 43
OMG this is amazing, I didn't know option 43 was a possibility!
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:02 PM, [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Yes, working fine for us:
/ip dhcp-server option add code=43 name=cnMaestro
value="'https://X.X.X.X'"
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Adam Moffett <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Is anybody successfully setting the CnMaestro URL via Option
43 on ePMP?
I've set up a Mikrotik DHCP server in accordance to these
instructions:
http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Microtik-Routerboard-DHCP-configuration-for-onboarding-devices/m-p/56012#M26
<http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Microtik-Routerboard-DHCP-configuration-for-onboarding-devices/m-p/56012#M26>
Option 60, 43, and Domain are all set, but the cnMaestro URL
is never actually changed on the ePMP devices, neither on a
DHCP renewal or a reboot. I can confirm via packet
capture the options are being sent to the ePMP. I don't see
any attempt to connect to the CnMaestro server on premises,
but I do see them doing DNS lookups for
cloud.cambiumnetworks.com <http://cloud.cambiumnetworks.com>.