From: Steve Jones
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 9:19 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ATA CallerID question

Out of curiousity, i learn this nonsense from folks in the know. Where do folks
in the know learn this shit? Is it that they were involved in the day when
people in the service industry knew what they were doing, or prior to mailing
lists was there some analog solution center? Like did you old folks hang out
near your telegraph listening to everybodies conversations? Does it boil down
to some old chinese guy sending out coded messages or what?
Was at a customers joint the other day, an issue with ms rdp, end of the day,
it boiled down to remote connectivity, had to disable a tertiary networks gpo
printer and disable bitmap caching. I got this from google. Seperate threads
and a brain connection that this was the second remote joint via vpn, and the
two remote joints couldnt communicate.
Customer noted the google use, i told him its cause we dont have manuals now.
Is the truth that some chinese guy just answers all our google queries now and
we are just corporate puppets?

Is there only one really old rice eating fellow that actually knows the
answers? What if he dies?
Are we fucked if the chinaman dies?

On Nov 9, 2017 4:46 PM, "Forrest Christian (List Account)"