What we have learned is that none of our speed plans deliver a payload
throughput equal to what we advertise.  So we are gonna have to bump them up a
bit or put an asterisk on all of our advertising.

From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 11:28 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] New tester - Daddy Likes!

It's not dependent on the laptop being in good working condition, free of
malware, good ethernet chipset, etc.

But to play devil's advocate here....you can get a pretty decent laptop for
what that tool seems to cost.  Seems to be about $1000 based on my initial
Google shopping search.  Maybe you pay less in real life.