You know what is 'funny' and ironic about the Shemagh or Keffiyah.

There are mental pictures ingrained in everyone's head, greatly dependent on
the Color and how one is wearing it.

For Example.

Your's is a yellow and black pattern you have... typically worn by Western
Tactical forces.... and not a color that is used by Arabs in the Middle East.
(More of a fashion color per say)

If it was White and black pattern ... and you are covering your face with it..
Hollywood likes to depict Middle East Terrorists in that manner
(That particular White with Black pattern is commonly preferred by Arab
Bedouins (Saudi Arabia)

Palestinians Shemagh is White and a less dense Black pattern.

If it was White with Red pattern.. then you could be from Arabian Peninsula
more on the Asian side.. (Yemeni / Iraqi etc.. ) mostly worn as a turban..

If it was just plain white .. worn on the head, not covering the face.. it
would be from the mainstream Arabs, the more affluent ones..

If you used it to cover your face.. then it would be a neeqab.. what the ladies
wear !

and if you wait for another two or 3 weeks, and wear a white one on your
head..without covering your face along with the black/gold head ring, then you
would considered to be dressed like one of the Wise Men who made their journey
to Bethlehem to see newly born Prophet !.

It funny how the mental imagery works !

:)

BTW.. it is a very practical piece of apparel with many many uses !

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
http://www.snappytelecom.net

Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232