AGM still needs an annual check if you want  your sites to stay up. We
started a maintenance routine after we got caught with our pants down. We
load tested them once every year and always ended up replacing 4 or 5
across all the sites. Maybe 50 or so sites or roughly 100 batteries. So
maybe a failure rate of around 5%. Maybe I was just buying crappy AGM but
they weren't cheap.