Our guys clock out when they get back. They don't clock in until they get
to the office or if leaveing straight to a job they can clock in right away.
But if I send the an hour away from  home/the office to do an install. I
feel like it's only fair to pay them to drive home. Now obviously if home
is further than the office, they don't get paid for that time.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:29 PM, Darin Steffl <darin.ste...@mnwifi.com>
wrote:

> They clock out when they leave their last job. We don't pay for the first
> 30 minutes of their commute to/from their first and last job. So if they go
> to their first job in the morning 45 minutes away, we pay for 15 minutes.
> If their last job is 45 minutes from home, we again only pay for 15 minutes
> of that drive. If it's 20 minutes, they don't clock in until they arrive
> on-site, etc.
>
> You are not obligated to pay for commute times for employees who take
> their vehicle home. The 30 minutes is a reasonable expectation for
> commuting. You wouldn't be able to say 3 hours is reasonable though and try
> to get out of paying them for that long of a drive. This might also be
> different if your guy lives 45 minutes away. Then that is a reasonable
> commuting time that he would do anyway so you don't need to pay him for
> that time.
>
> We do our best to have guys go to their first job right away in the
> morning and keep them out of the office.
>
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:02 PM, Jon Langeler <jon-ispli...@michwave.net>
> wrote:
>
>> For employees with company install vehicle, at what point is everyone
>> having them clock out at the end of the day if they are allowed to take it
>> home? When the job is done? Or when they ‘get back’? What about gas usage
>> if they take it home?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jon Langeler
>> Michwave Technologies, Inc.