From: "Nate Burke" <n...@blastcomm.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:14:53 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] In Mikrotik is a MHZ a MHZ?

When comparing Mikrotik capability, is a MHZ a MHZ. I.E. For a single
CPU application, like a bandwidth test or Interface bridging. Will a
x86 CPU at 1000mhz perform the same as a CCR CPU at 1000mhz? I have
some older ATOM based routers that are 2 core hyperthreaded at 1.6 ghz.
I'm trying to figure out if they can route packets faster or slower than
a CCR1009. Especially bridging an EoIP Tunnel to an Ethernet interface.