We have tried 844G and gigapoints but residential customers think that little
yellow wire does not need any special treatment.  One moved out and returned
our 844g by cutting the fiber because they were not sure how to disconnect it.

From: Craig Schmaderer
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:18 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Indoor ONT fiber

Chuck, I do like the outside onts better, like the 711, we still use them for
all businesses and any residential that orders phone, but just internet
residential we just use the 801g gigapoint and 844e routers.  Installs are
faster and cheaper with the 801g, just have to run the fiber patch cord in,
then run ethernet to where the router is, ie desk…  711 takes more work with
power cable, battery backup  I wish we could make that jumper cheaper, but I
have not found a better way to do it.  I am all ears.  Anyone have a good
source for UniCam SC APC ends that don’t cost $17 a piece?