Or a triac if it is an AC load.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:38 AM
To: Motorola III
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Sitemonitor Question with Relay

The typical solution with a light-duty relay is to use it to control a heavier
relay that carries the actual load.

-bp

--

bp

part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Paul McCall <pa...@pdmnet.net> wrote:

  Yes, we know that, and have used it on lighter loads.  But, apparently there
is a challenge on a heavier load as we described below.  Wanting to know if we
can do what we want and maybe we just have the wrong external relay