I believe the rule says if more than x percentage of traffic is interstate then
USF applies.   If it’s intrastate then it doesn’t apply.

As far as I am concerned for my intrastate (in state) circuits the traffic is
coming from my router interface and going to my other router interface.  What
the ultimate source and destination of those packets are is pretty hard for me
to determine.   The header I’m looking at says it goes to the other end.

Mark