The radio/poe power is completely isolated from the control power (which
comes from the base unit) on the 4 channel gigabit poe's, and the power for
the PoE's defaults to on without a control voltage.    The base unit
currently only works on positive voltages.

One of the options we're looking at on the rackinjector is providing some
internal terminals for a small DC-DC converter which would be mounted
either on or just behind the control board.

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>