Typical use case is if you are multi-vendor to begin with.  Some Vendor
ACS's will work fine for compatibility, but you run into the dreaded "buy
our cpe or pound sand" argument when you go to get support.  If we only did
one brand, we'd probably use whatever they have these days, but you might
cross not only different LTE vendors into one ACS system, but different
technologies as well.  Home routers, adsl modems, etc.

-Steve D