acquires foreign films and distributes them throughout
the United States.  We also provide grants to
filmmakers from developing countries. You can learn
more about us at www.globalfilm.org
<http://www.globalfilm.org/>  Our general e-mail
address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> .

We are currently accepting applications for feature
film production and distribution grants. The
application is available on our web site and the
deadline is February 21, 2003. We would greatly
appreciate it if you could help us to spread the word.
Thanks so much for all your help!
Best wishes,
Nida Elley
The Global Film Initiative
200 Varick Street
Suite 500A
New York, NY 10014
212-206-7790

www.globalfilm.org <http://www.globalfilm.org/>
The Global Film Initiative promotes cross-cultural
understanding through the medium of cinema. History
repeatedly points to the importance of great
storytelling in chronicling and influencing human
affairs. Even today, a powerful, authentic narrative
can foster trust and respect between disparate
cultures and mitigate the social and psychological
impact of cultural prejudice. In recent times, no
medium has been as effective at communicating the
range and diversity of the world's cultures as
the cinematic arts. But this vital contribution to
cultural diversity has been threatened by shifting
economic conditions in the areas of film financing and
distribution, a situation largely prompted by the
international success of the American film industry.
Filmmaking in the developing world has suffered most
from these changes; traditional funding sources have
all but disappeared and worldwide distribution
channels have collapsed.  Ironically, it is the United
States, and especially its youth, that suffers
disproportionately from this lack of exposure to other
cultures. The stability of America's ethnic mosaic
depends on deep cross-cultural understanding,
particularly between young Americans and the children
of recently arrived immigrants. A comprehensive effort
to give value to stories from every corner of the
world plays a vital role in promoting tolerance in all
areas of human behavior.
The Initiative has developed four complementary
programs to promote both the production of authentic
and accessible stories created in the developing world
and their distribution throughout the schools and
leading cultural institutions of the United States.

2_____ Call for entries
International Film Festival (The DIFF). Located in
Dahlonega, Georgia - USA,just north of Atlanta, The
DIFF hopes to receive more films from South Africa
for our 2003 festival (26 June - 29 June). If you
could put a link for Call for Entries, that would be
wonderful. Our site is at WWW.DIFF.TV
<http://www.DIFF.TV>
Barry Norman
Executive Director
The DIFF
404-885-4410
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Boulou E. de B'beri - http://boulou.fr.st - Editor: Ecritures dans les cinemas
d'Afrique noire, CINEMAS, V0l.11-No.1 - Director & Producer: Looking for my Pygmalion:
Mémoires - http://www.drm-associations-management.org/film%20english.htm