African Cinema Conference presents...
Thanks Chris, your comments appreciated and duly
noted.   One must indeed be careful of generalising
and I have no time (NONE) for Mr Ronge and his ilk.
But still ... have you been to the Apartheid Museum in
Johannesburg?   How many white folks do you see there?
  (Maybe a tiny poster of Suzman somewhere, but that's
it).

The bottom line is, it matters not who fought the
struggle; but that it was fought.   During those years
we were all together, there was no "racial" divide.
It's subsequently that things have become polarised.
I take my own experience as a barometer - e.g. at St.
George's Cathedral, Cape Town.   During all the years,
70's/80's, when the Cathedral was an icon of the
struggle, race was never mentioned, never an issue; no
one had to be affirmed because (there) everyone was
equal.   Not quite so non-racial in the 90's!   But
that's enough for now.   Let's take further
discussions offline, maybe; don't want to impose on
all the subscribers.
Stay well.
Best regards
JOHN

PS  You mention Max - a worthy fighter indeed, and a
friend.   How seriously was his role in the Struggle
taken at the new SABC?   Is he still there?!   (Nope).

 --- Chris Kabwato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > African