African Cinema Conference presents...
GRANTS: roy w. dean 2003 screen writing/research grant

http://www.fromtheheartproductions.com/writing.html

The Roy W. Dean 2003 Writing/Research Grant

Dear Filmmakers,

Thank you for the input you have given us on the idea of a sojourn for
writers in New Zealand. We have taken your advice and here are your ideas
put back to work for you.

This will be a Writing/Research Grant for writers of screen plays,short
films and documentary films for important issues that fit our criteria,
must be "unique and make a difference to society".It is for writers who
need uninterrupted time to work on projects in a beautiful, remote setting
with a good computer, VCR, TV, RUV and a few sheep to tend.

The Roy W. Dean grants raise goods and services from heart-felt Companies in
our industry. These industry people want to see important shorts and
documentary films made. They are willing to donate their profits back to help
struggling filmmakers achieve their goals. We encourage you to support these donors.
Please let them know you saw their name on our web site.

We are very proud of the films we have helped with our grants. See our "Past
Winners" page and our "Films in Production" page for prior winners. Completed
films are showing on Discovery, Starz, PBS, History, etc. Many of these
filmmakers were first-time documentary filmmakers.

To enter our grant we request that your film "be unique and make a
contribution to society". It is that simple. We know most grants are very complicated.
We keep ours simple and short. I am also available to filmmakers. You can
e-mail me at anytime for clarification [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You may live anywhere to enter the film and video grants. However, the goods
and services are available in NYC for the NYC grant and LA for the LA grant,
just keep that in mind.

The writer/researcher grant is a sojourn in New Zealand in a lovely country
home, call the Wye cottage. You are 15 minutes from the pub and 40 minutes from
Blenheim on highway 63. You will be surrounded by large sheep and cattle
farms and are just on top of the Wye River. Rather than city noise, you hear the
rustle of leaves from the tall poplars and water running in the Wye. It comes
fully furnished and has a new computer, scanner, email, VCR and TV so you are
connected to the world.

Our goal is to help make films that might otherwise never be made.

Things you may want to write on the
Writers Grant:

Narrative screenwriting
Screenplay
Proposals
Treatment
Grants
Script
Transcribing
Paper cut
Research for funding
Other

What you get:

Four to six weeks at the Wye Cottage on the south island of New Zealand,
outside of Blenheim in the Wairau Valley.

$500.00 NZ free accommodations of three weekday nights in the
QueenCharlotte Sounds with Ann Scott-Holt and Branwen Edwards as your
hostessesat A Sea Viewin your own separate accommodations overlooking the
water.

A Mitsubishi RUV to run around in.

One Coach Airline Ticket from your hometown to Blenheim, New Zealand and
return.

$150.00 NZ per week for groceries and gas.

A TV with cable, BBC news and movies from all over the world.

A new computer, scanner and fax program at the Wye Cottage.

A $100.00 NZ$ phone card to "call home",

And $200.00 NZ for "other expenses"

$300.00 US in software from Screenplay Systems

A $150.00 NZ Garden Therapy Session at the Organic Leighvander Cottage.

To enter the grant:

    1. We need a 2 page or more proposal on why you want this retreat.
Explain what you would do with the time and why you need it.
    2. Can you get off work and if so, for how long? Four or six weeks?
    3. You have a choice of going in March or September of 2003, advise
which date is best and why.
    4. Let us know if you have traveled much and list the countries and how
long you were there.
    5. If you have completed filming on your documentary, please send us a
sample reel or just unedited footage.
    6. Give us as much information as possible about the short or
documentary you will be working on and send us any films you or your crew
has made.

Your donation of $38.00 will be used to pay for the above items on the
grant. We do not have any sponsors at this time. We have proposals out and
when we get funding, this price will be reduced accordingly. Just know that
if you don't win, you are donating to the completion of another documentary
film and hopefully, next time it will be you.

Deadline:
     *  February 15, 2004 for the New Zealand Writer's Grant

>From The Heart Productions
1455 Mandalay Beach Road
Oxnard, California 93035-2845
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-Forwarded by Nalo Hopkinson
member, SFWA Grants Committee
http://www.sfwa.org >>

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To activate the "digest" option go to:
<http://purcell.xc.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=african-cinema-conference>
and enter your screen name and password. Then you can look at your options
and make the changes to your membership profile. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.
Sade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>