Science doesn't explain everything. It just tries to. It doesn't explain
why the universe exists. Philosophy does. It exists as a necessary
condition for the question to exist.

Chalmers is mystified by consciousness like most of us are. Science can
explain why we are mystified. It explains why it seems like a hard problem.
It explains why you keep asking the wrong question. Math explains why no
program can model itself. Science explains that your brain runs a program.