Recently in alt.folklore.computers on Usenet our name was taken in vain and
counter-compensated as follows:

>> I wanna see Gareth write Alexa and have it
>> work as well as Amazon's version.
>        Hasn't Mentifex already done that ?

No. Mentifex has not written software that looks up and
tells you the score of the football game in progress, or ships pizza to
your doorstep.

Mentifex has written three AI Mind programs in Perl and Forth and
JavaScript
which converse with you and learn new words from you in English or Russian.

http://ai.neocities.org/EnVerbPhrase.html -- shows the latest AI progress:

3.D. Leaving out the repetitious verb from any additional phrase being
joined together with a first phrase for a resulting compound sentence that
may be replaced with a single one-phrase sentence containing one or more
conjunctions.

The user may tell the AI Mind two things:

    John has a house
    John has a car

The user may then ask the AI:

    What does John have

The ghost292.pl AI was able to respond with the following output:

THE JOHN HAS THE HOUSE AND THE JOHN HAS THE CAR I UNDERSTAND YOU

Suppose that we want the AI Mind to join two sentences together:

    JOHN HAS A HOUSE
    and
    JOHN HAS A CAR

    By not repeating the subject, we get:
    JOHN HAS A HOUSE
    and
    JOHN HAS A CAR

    By not repeating the subject and the verb, we get:
    JOHN HAS A HOUSE
    and
    JOHN HAS A CAR

The AI coding task for ghost294.pl in Perl was how to get the
sentence-generation modules to skip repeating the subject and skip
repeating the verb. Note that even a human being will sometimes dawdle or
linger while uttering the compound-setences, as in:
"John has a house...and a car...and a lawnmower...and a canoe, etc."

It was necessary to use one of the "chain" or "conCATenation" variables:

    our $catiobj = 0;   # 2019-01-28: concat-indirect-object for ConJoin()
"AND".
    our $catdobj = 0;   # 2019-01-28: concat-direct-object for ConJoin()
"AND".
    our $catsubj = 0;   # 2019-01-28: concat-subject for ConJoin() "AND".
    our $catverb = 0;   # 2019-01-28: concat-verb for ConJoin() "AND".

We load the $catsubj <http://ai.neocities.org/var.html#catsubj> variable
inside the query-response code in the SpreadAct
<http://ai.neocities.org/SpreadAct.html> module. After the first phrase in
response to a query, such as "JOHN HAS A HOUSE", the AI may check each
activated idea for starting with $*catsubj*
<http://ai.neocities.org/var.html#catsubj> and for having $*catverb*
<http://ai.neocities.org/var.html#catverb> in the second place. In that
way, the various direct-objects may be isolated, introduced with "AND" from
ConJoin <http://ai.neocities.org/ConJoin.html>, and sent into the Speech
<http://ai.neocities.org/Speech.html> module for the output of a
meandering, run-on response such as "JOHN HAS A HOUSE AND A CAR AND A BOAT
AND A SLED AND A MOTORCYCLE". Such an AI output is like human speech, where
the person states the basic premise before even thinking of all the nouns
about to be concatenated with "AND" into the meandering response.

Once the chain-variables are loaded with the concept-numbers of the items
to be omitted for the syncopation or shortening of a compound-sentence,
each item is omitted simply by letting Indicative
<http://ai.neocities.org/Indicative.html> call EnNounPhrase
<http://ai.neocities.org/EnNounPhrase.html> or EnVerbPhrase
<http://ai.neocities.org/EnVerbPhrase.html> but preemptively using
conditionals to make each module "return" to Indicative
<http://ai.neocities.org/Indicative.html> before sending a noun or a verb
into the Speech <http://ai.neocities.org/Speech.html> module. Special code
in the EnVerbPhrase <http://ai.neocities.org/EnVerbPhrase.html> module must
still call EnNounPhrase <http://ai.neocities.org/EnNounPhrase.html> to
provide the direct object of the omitted verb.