Current MST step is suboptimal, but there is value in extracting a
parse tree with no-links-crossing from the tangly graph of dependency
links interconnecting the words in a sentence....   As you now this
sort of pruning is key to how language works ... syntax "rules" exist
to enable this sort of pruning, thus allowing us to pinpoint exact
sets of semantic relationships within the broader tangly web of
semantic relationships that our mind identifies between any set of
concepts or objects or relationships...

However, this is an in-depth technical discussion probably best not
carried out on this general-purpose list...

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"The dewdrop world / Is the dewdrop world / And yet, and yet …" --
Kobayashi Issa