Feedback? To me?

Any number of ways to break it. It's old now. 20 years back. And the data
set a few 10's of 1000's of words I scraped up from some websites back in
the day.

Just treat it as a proof of concept: you get (meaningful) hierarchy from
novel rearrangements of word vector "embeddings".

The point is that novelty can still capture meaning. It doesn't have to be
a learned pattern.

And actually learned patterns will always fail to capture the full detail
of patterns which can be generated. Learned patterns will always fail (not
least because you get contradictions, and you can't learn contradictions.)

The greatest failing with it was that it still did not generate enough
novelty. So not too much novelty, but too little. It took me a long time to
realize this. As soon as I form a vector, an "embedding" in the model
expression, I've fixed a pattern. But that pattern too should be able to
change with context. The vectors are formed by grouping words which share
common contexts. But the problem is words can share some contexts and not
others. You should be able to find the shared contexts which matter at run
time. I generated new vectors by substituting vectors into each other, but
the vectors (embeddings) I started with, were already too fixed.

I was wrong to start with embedding vectors as the base representation for
patterns.

I now think the way to implement it is not with vectors, but directly in a
network of observed language sequences.

The way I see it you should not "learn" anything beyond the raw data.
Certainly not fix or "learn" any "embeddings". Rather, when you want to
find a meaningful pattern (embedding or prediction "invariant"), you
project out latent invariants by clustering according to shared contexts.
They'll form little diamonds in the network.

And likely the way to do this is to set the network oscillating, and vary
inhibition to get the resolution of "invariants" you want.

-Rob