>>Or maybe others would just ignore it because ideas are cheap and
developing them is hard work.
>>Nobody wants your amazing ideas.
>>Microsoft has made this an explicit policy.

It is unlikely that an idea that could be expressed in a book (a book-like
form) would explain something that other people hadn't been able to figure
out before. But publications (including public postings) can help people in
many different ways which is why we post and read things in this group in
spite of the fact that it is (and oh, by the way, we are) a crackpot group.
For instance I read Linus's introductory text on interpretation and it
started me thinking of things that I hadn't been thinking of. After some
reflection I realized that the stuff I thought about were very similar to
things that I had thought about before, but I was probably thinking about
these ideas in slightly different ways.
Microsoft and Apple's reason they did not want people to submit their ideas
was because they did not want someone claiming to have originally thought
or produced something that the company produced or used. It was a legal
policy that has financial implications. It had nothing to do with the value
of ideas.
There are two important issues. Is someone exaggerating? Is the idea
actually useful?
The irony is that to be really useful a great idea should be both
relatively simple (so that it is useful) and it should have a great deal of
potential which often means that it can be used to create more complicated
'things' which can be 'handled effectively'.
Jim Bromer