I was thinking about the Halting Problem and I started thinking that if a
"undefined" state is necessary for binary mathematics then doesn't that
suggest that logic should be trinary? I am not saying that we should not
use binary mathematics but it does seem to suggest that the trinary system
should be theoretically foundational. Then I started thinking about the
Gödel Theorem and then I started thinking about Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
I'm a crazy man - I am moved by the Cantor tragedy - but I just do not
accept the diagonal argument as sound (no mean pun intended.) So then I
started feeling that I should redefine the rational number so that it
naturally (pun intended) includes rational and non-rational numbers. I felt
that I should give it a special name - like rational process number - to
avoid confusion. OK, how do I go about this? The definition of the Rational
Process Number has to include rational numbers and non-rational numbers as
subsets. The definition has to have some utility. But, it also has to fit
my argument that the non-rational numbers do correspond to a rational
process of some sort that can lead to a direct computational method. So the
rational process definition can't be rocking and rolling without being
grounded.
But the real question is: Would this have anything to do with AI and AGI? I
think it must. I mean, if it can be defined then it probably will have some
effect on AI and AGI. But I don't know for sure.
Jim Bromer