On Sunday, September 22, 2019, at 8:42 AM, korrelan wrote:
> Our consciousness is like… just the surface froth, reading
between the lines, or the summation of interacting logical pattern recognition
processes.

That's a very good clear single brain description of it. Thanks for that.

I don't think a complete understanding of consciousness is possible from a
single brain. Picture this - the rise of general intelligence in the human
species and that collection of brains spread over time and space communicating.
Each brain being a node in a graph. The consciousness piece is a component in
each brain transceiver transmitting on graph edges to other brains and other
non-brain environment related structure. On this model naturally there is much
superfluous material that can be eliminated compared to a single brain model
since a single brain has to survive independently in the real environment. And
the graph model can be telescoped down into a single structure I believe.

To be more concise, consciousness can be viewed as a functional component in
the brain’s transceiver. That’s essentially the main crux of my perspective.
Could it be wrong? Oh ya totally… But that functionality, whether or not in
consciousness itself is still integral to general intelligence IMO. And there
are other related reasons…

It would be interesting analyzing single brain consciousness connectome
structure based on the multi-brain intelligence model, why things happen as
they do in their electrochemical patterns.... firing up the single brain model
and getting it transceiving with other emulations.

John