I am self funding through a regular salaried position at a cyber security
company and through ML/NLP consulting gigs at my company Cognami LLC.
Waiting for handouts or angel investors prior to an MVP is like waiting on
lottery tickets.  In the process of my self funding I get the benefit of
circumambulation around different approaches to AGI, XAI, market
opportunities and a social circle of do-ers.  In addition my investments in
time spent programming and leveraging cloud resources compound.
You might like this book by my friend Tony Whatley who has spun up his
efforts in this manner.
https://www.amazon.com/SideHustle-Millionaire-business-creates-financial/dp/1982934638

--
Daniel Jue