On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:17 PM Ben Goertzel <b...@goertzel.org> wrote:

> Regarding the CCP as a general intelligence(*), I would say all societies
> and large corporations can be viewed that way, but I don't see evidence
> that the corporate-government complex of China is more generally
> intelligent than the corporate-government complexes of US or Western
> Europe.   What is the evidence or argument in that regard?...

If the CCP is more capable of assimilating ("Turking") the US to the CCP's
utility function than vis versa then any claims as to the US being "more
generally intelligent" become superfluous.  That's what I meant when I said:

 > The CCP-as-AGI is more capable of "Turking" the US-as-AGI than is the
US-as-AGI of "Turking" the CCP-as-AGI.

> (*) to me calling a country or corporation an "AGI" feels needlessly
> confusing, since these are systems largely composed of humans, and not
> engineered from human parts but evolved from human social interactions.
>  But whatever, I understand what is meant.

The Future of Humanity Institute <https://www.fhi.ox.ac.uk/> is an exemplar
for why the question of "Whose utility function?" cannot be swept under the
rug with regards to "systems largely composed of humans...evolved from
human social interactions".  Indeed "artificial" means humans had agency in
the creation of the artifact.  The concern of "Friendly Artificial General
Intelligence" hence "The Future of Humanity" is all about the proper
application of that agency in selecting the utility function of aid
artifact.  What future is there for "humanity" under the wrong utility
function of _any_ notion of AGI?