On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 2:19 PM John Rose <johnr...@polyplexic.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I meant that it sounds like an “intuition” mechanism that would be
> grouping hierarchies of elements in language which share predictions,

You might call our sense of what structures are "correct" in language an
intuition, I guess.

It's sort of central to the "subjective primitives" idea that word meanings
will be variable (meaning/grammar, two sides of the same coin.) So it's not
going to make a lot of sense to stress over exact word meanings.

If it suits you to call it intuition, it probably is (and isn't!) in
different ways.