On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 1:33 PM Boris Kazachenko <cogno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 30, 2022, at 3:00 AM, Rob Freeman wrote:
>
> I'm interested to hear what other mechanisms people might come up with to
> replace back-prop, and do this on the fly..
>

> For shared predictions, I don't see much of an alternative to backprop, it
> would have to be feedback-driven anyway. Which means coarse and wasteful.
>
> My alternative is to directly search for shared properties: lateral
> cross-comparison and connectivity clustering. It's a lot more complex, but
> that complexity is intelligent, it's not just throwing more brute force on
> the same dumb algorithm.

Well, I agree with you on the second part: "directly search for shared
properties: lateral cross-comparison and connectivity clustering".

But I don't see why that could not be used to group for shared predictions.

If you made prediction the "shared property", doing a "connectivity
clustering" of shared predictions, which is to say making "prediction" or
sequence the connectivity, then that would group for shared
predictions, wouldn't it?